Wednesday 11 May 2011

Matching Panel

We're off to matching panel this afternoon.  It is 10am and I am still in my dressing gown.  I've done some things, but in the back of my mind, I kind of think that the day hasn't really started, because I'm not dressed yet.  So there's nothing to panic about yet.  Sad, I know!

The last few days have been a real roller coaster emotionally.  I am pleased to say the terror gave way to excitement and I have been barely able to sit still.  

Then we had a phone call from the social worker on Monday night, to say that the chair of the panel has raised concerns with the manager of social services over the fact that Andy smokes.   Two days before panel!  Honestly!  

The issue came up in the approval panel.  We told them that Andy doesn't smoke in the house or around kids.  They seemed OK with that.  They didn't set any limits on the ages of the children we could adopt.  And now suddenly there's an issue.  

Honestly.  This process...  

No comments:

Post a Comment