Friday 6 February 2009

Agencies and Eyebrows..

The last 24 hours have been a bit of a roller coaster emotionally. After my conversation with Staffordshire yesterday morning, Andy rang Stoke on Trent and Cheshire authorities. He called me at lunchtime, quite excited, because he'd had a really positive conversation with someone from Stoke. The social worker promised to ring him back later in the afternoon.

By the evening, we'd heard back from Cheshire to say that they won't deal with people who don't live in Cheshire and from Stoke who would be interested, but who wouldn't accept us because of Andy's job. He works with drug users, quite a number of whom have children with child protection issues. They felt there would be a conflict of interests.

Great. So Cheshire won't have us because we don't live in Cheshire and Stoke won't have us because Andy works in Stoke. Why does this have to be so difficult? And we haven't even got as far as the assessment yet.

My girly pampering evening was lovely. Everyone enjoyed it and we raised about £70 towards our Africa trip. I managed not to talk about adoption all evening. And I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time. Ouch. I'm not sure the pain was worth it really. Now they've been waxed, the fact that one is slightly higher than the other is more noticeable than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment