Saturday 22 January 2011

It's official!

It's official!  We are on the list of approved adopters!

We got the letter from the 'official decision maker' this week.  On Wednesday.

Bizarrely, opening the letter was terrifying.  I knew what it was.  The franking on the front was from our social services department.  Opening it, my heart was racing.  I was genuinely convinced that there was a risk it was going to say 'no'.  That we would be the 1 in 1000 where the official decision maker disagrees with the panel.

But they've said yes!

They have, however, misspelt our surname.  So officially, they've said yes to a couple with a name that sounds the same as ours but is spelt differently.

The misspelling made me roll my eyes and shake my head in a mildly amused / exasperated manner.  Honestly!  After all the forms we've completed and information we've supplied, you'd have thought they'd know our name by now!  No clerical error could dampen my joy though.  It's just GREAT!!! to be this side of the approval process.

No comments:

Post a Comment