Tuesday 14 September 2010

Finance form

As of this week, my husband is out of work. The adoption service has been waiting for a financial assessment form from us. We did it this weekend, putting Andy as the main carer and me as the wage earner.

To be honest, I was procrastinating a bit, because I couldn't imagine how we could prove financial stability with just me working. But actually, on paper at least, it looks perfectly possible.

This is good news!

the financial form was typically thorough. They wanted to know everything from how much we spend on groceries each week and what the electricity bill is, to how much we spend on 'beauty treatments' and toiletries. I've never bought a beauty treatment in my life, unless you count hair cuts!!

We went to a party at the weekend and saw an adoption friend and her kids. She was telling us that our authority has got a bit of a glut of kids at the moment and is contacting previous adopters to see if they'd like to apply again for more children. Which sounds sort of hopeful. Don't think our social worker has seen any more of our referees, however.

To be honest, I'm not feeling in any desperate rush. Content for things to happen in their own time. Can't be bothered getting impatient. Played that game before. Actually think Andy is keener than me for things to get moving at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment