Friday 17 September 2010

BORED now!

Well. My few weeks of contentment at things going slowly seems to have evaporated this evening. Evaporation probably caused by a 'girlie' evening with friends who have got kids / know someone who has adopted etc etc. And by the fact there doesn't seem to be any sign at all of our social worker arranging to see the rest of our referees.

What's really frustrating is that Andy and I have both got time to devote to children at the moment. This would have been an ideal moment to be doing introductions etc. But no.

I've not been frustrated for ages. But I'm frustrated today.

I've not been broody for ages, but I've been broody today.

The being broody I blame on my mother. She had been out to buy a present for someone who has recently had a child. And she'd bought the coolest, cutest little outfit for the young man. And was having a slightly gooey maternal moment herself. I think it's catching.

Telling myself that parenting will be much more about attachment issues than cute outfits. But I can tell I'm not listening.

BORED with being patient and waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment