Tuesday 23 February 2010

No news yet.

It's now almost three weeks since we attended the adoption course. And we still haven't heard from a social worker about starting our assessment. Ho hum. All to be expected I suppose.

In the meantime, I am enjoying getting stuck into leading our little church. And when I say little, I mean little. There were 8 of us on Sunday and I was excited by the fact that we were so many!!!

We are also doing lots of work around re-branding our night time ministry, Nightchurch. Nightchurch has been running for about two and a half years now, and we have seen so many people enjoy the quiet space during their night out clubbing. Lots of people just come in for a cup of coffee. Others really want to talk, either about their lives or about faith. One guy, on Friday, came in and said he wanted someone to show him how to pray. So one of the guys sat down with him in the quiet prayer space and they prayed. Our guest apparently said "Dear God..." and then was silent for a while. When he looked up, he said, "I feel 10 stone lighter!" Isn't that fantastic?! I bet he didn't come out clubbing expecting to meet with God!

Today I've been seeing some speech therapy clients. This afternoon, I've got a list of admin jobs to be getting on with. Better stop blogging then...

2 comments:

  1. Cathy,

    I can tell you this, that you are the one that has to do most of the work. I would call the social worker. 3 weeks seems like a long time. Of course be nice when you call, and NEVER leave the message of "call us when you get the chance", always say "If we dont hear from you, we will try back later". always keep the ball in your court.

    the social workers are swamped...the more you do, the better for you guys. If you need any help through the process, let me know. good luck, hang in there, it will be happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete